For events , concerts and tickets for the football during your stay in Barcelona, we recommend you use the official portal España eventos. It is a good place to buy your tickets at a competitive price, and if I recommend it to you it is because I myself buy from it when I want to go to a concert or any other event.
In the following section we set out a list of the events in Barcelona in 2017 and also a brief description of them, a little below.
A LIST OF PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN BARCELONA
- 01 January, New Year ’s Day
- 06 January, Epiphany, the Wise Men !
- 06 April, Good Friday
- 09 April, Easter Monday
- 01 May,Labour Day
- 23 June – 24 June, Festival del día de San Juan – Saint John’s Night / Day., also known as Sant Joan. Bonfires, fireworks and parties on the beach.
- 15 August. The Asuncion
- 11 September. National Day of Catalonia
- 24 September. Festival de la Mercé. The biggest, most colourful and wildest festival in Barcelona. Make sure you have enough energy for this party!
- 12 October. National Day of Spain.
- 01 November: All Saints’ day
- 06 December. Day of the Constitution
- 08 December. Day of the Immaculate Conception.
- 25 December. Christmas Day
- 26 December. San Esteban’s day / Boxing day
CALENDAR EVENTS – 2017
- January: Day of the wise men – Festes dels tres tombs- Festival in the district of Sant Antoni Abat – three laps with the animals
- February: Fiesta de Santa Eulália- Parade of the Giants and medieval dances
- March: Carnival. The people celebrate the beginning of lent and dress up in disguises, basically the children, similar to Halloween.
- April: Fiesta of Sant Jordi- Barcelona’s streets are full of book stalls and rose stands, the day of the book and the rose. Fiesta de la Virgen de Montserrat-ThetypicalCatalan dance, ¨La Sardana¨
- May: Corpus Christi. Processions of the saints and virgins. Día de sant Ponç- A street market in calle hospital at which you can buy sweets, herbs and aromatic oils.
- June: Fiesta de Sant Joan- A party for the longest day of the year, fires and fireworks, especially on the beach. Sonar-Uno one of the most famous electronic music festivals in Europe. Festival el Grec- a festival of independent theater on Monjuic Mountain. Día del orgullo gay- Gay pride day, parade of chariots to the beat of the electronic music.
- July: Pasarela Gaudí-Gaudi catwalk, an important fashion show.
- August: Fiestas de Gracia- the streets of the district of Gracia are full of wonderful decorations and themes. For all the family. Great street party and atmosphere.
- September: La diada- National day of Catalonia, a lot of demonstrations, flags and a patriotic atmosphere. Mare de deu de la Mercè- La Mercè ,mother of God. Celebrations in honour of the patron saint of Barcelona BAM-Festival for the people held during the celebrations of the Mercé.
- October: Textile fair. Festival de la tardor- Autumn festival, classic and contemporary theater.
- November: Barcelona jazz festival . A great opportunity to enjoy the stars of jazz.
- December: Christmas, Swimming championships, New year’s eve.
We hope this information will be useful to make your stayin Barcelona more rewarding.
The team of Barcelona exclusive private tours