Enjoy our Barcelona Montserrat day tour, visit all the Barcelona highlights and discover Montserrat Royal basilica on top of mount with this day trip from Barcelona with your private small group.
Your day tour begins with us picking you up from your hotel/ cruise pier or airport and then we head straight to Montjuic Mountain. Its views over the city are spectacular. We will visit the attractions on this outcrop overlooking the city.
We continue our day trip from Barcelona driving to the Montserrat Royal basilica. The journey is relaxing and goes through marvelous landscapes. Before we reach the Summit we will stop at a viewpoint to get a good look at the mountain of Montserrat, the sheer rocks rising into the blue sky. You can take good photos and then we will back on our way to the Monastery.
Once there you will be amazed by how beautiful it is. the Barcelona and Montserrat tour offers the traveler a great deal of culture and religious history. You can walk to the Holy Cave where the legend tells us two shepherd children met the Black Holy Virgin ¨La Muraneta¨ in the year 880. You can also take a cable car to Sant Joan cave and up to the highest point of the Montserrat mountain. The ideal place to admire the land below and take the finest photos. In the Basilica there is the figure of the Black Virgin ¨La Mureneta¨ and there you will be able to listen to the Escolanios, one of the oldest children’s choirs in Europe(if they are giving a recital). Your driver guide is always there for you and will fill in all the details and the fascinating history.
In the the monastery of Montserrat you can buy artisanal products from the land, such as cheeses, jams, honey and a so many other natural goodies. We would recommend you to try out the Mato cheese. It’s fresh and has a honey like texture. It is exquisite, especially as a dessert. After the Montserrat tour we drive back to to continue with our Barcelona tour.
In the Barcelona tour We will visit the highlights of the city. When we have taken it all in, we drop you off at your hotel/Barcelona cruise pot or the airport, whatever you prefer.
¨Do not forget that the exact route is your choice in the end and you can go for other places, if you wish¨
These are some of the places you can visit in your Barcelona/Montserrat day tour:
- Montserrat: this is a famous monastery built high in the mountains a short drive from Barcelona. Its views are amazing.You can vist the Basilica and the statue of the Black Virgin ¨la Moreneta¨. On the majority of days you can listen to the children’s choir, the ¨escolanios¨. Marvelous for all those lucky enough to hear them.
- Passeig de gracia: the avenue with the most modernist and splendid architecture in the city
- Pedrera/Casa Mila: surprising contribution to Gaudi’s modernism.
- Casa amatller: Part of the block of “discordia”.
- Casa batlló: House by Gaudí and part of the block of “discordia.”
- Casa lleó: Part of the block of “discordia.”
- Plaza España: The most impressive square in the city
- The Palacio Nacional: Palace built for the Second Universal Exosition in 1929
- The Olympic Ring: Installations for the Olympic Games of 1992
- Plaza Cataluña: the heart of the city, downtown.
- La sagrada Familia: This famous temple is the culmination of Gaudí’s architecture.
¨Marvel at the grace of the city of Barcelona and discover on of the national treasures of Catalonia with our Barcelona Montserrat day tour for private small group tours¨
If you want more information about Barcelona and its surroundings areas or you need some information before your trip to Barcelona please read our BLOG where we provide every week new articles and tips to give a little more information about our wonderful city.