ParK Güell is without a doubt one of the most famous tourist attraction in Barcelona. A place visited by millions of people every year. What makes it so special and interesting? Today we’ll give you five reasons (not that you really need one, by the way) why you should visit Park Güell during your holidays in Barcelona..
1. The architecture: Park Güell shows us the great Gaudí on its best. This park is where we can see his work on its highest peak. Playing with shapes, colors and mixing styles. From the colourful mosaics on the terrace, to the Doric columns in one of the other buildings and without forgetting the bold and original bird nests. Parc Güell shows us Gaudí’s most creative side, and only for that it’s worth to visit.
2. The dragon: Probably the most recognizable sight of the whole park. This salamander famously called The Dragon (El drac in Catalan) is one of the most photographed places of the city. Millions of tourists have a picture with this wonderfully colourful creature.
3. The flora: It would not be a park without the plants and trees. Antonio Gaudí worked very hard to make the buildings and shapes to blend with the nature of the area, and he also was very vocal about the plants and trees they should have in the park. Most of them are Mediterranean trees like Palm, almond tree, plum tree, birch tree, or fig tree among others.
4. Views of the city: Another important reason to visit Park Güell is the wonderful views of the city one can enjoy from there. A great overview of the buildings of the capital city, including his other masterpiece Sagrada Familia.
5. Great for children: For those who travel with children, finding things to do with them is hard sometimes, but Park Güell it’s a kid friendly environment, so they sure can enjoy having a walk with their parents and discovering the interesting designs of Gaudí.
At this point we hope you have enough reasons to visit Park Güell. There’s still a way to make that visit better. Book the best Barcelona tour guides with Barcelona Exclusive Private Tours and you’ll enjoy and discover the most interesting facts about Park Güell. If you are looking for the best Barcelona guided tours, this is your place.